Wednesday, January 11, 2012

REVLON ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow.. Swatches and First Impression!..




Its meee again!!!..:D  So I found out that Revlon had come up with  New eye shadow Quads and that they claim to last 16 Hours, well I don't know about that cause I have not used them yet!.. but I though I would go ahead and swatch them and give me my thoughts on it (like a first impression kind of thing! Hence the title right!..lol) I know Amaixe has been doing blog posts on them.. and I believe shes review them individually.. Well I picked these up in my local Walgreen's, when I saw them I insanely stooped because the colors are right up my ally! Natural, everyday wear.. I picked up 5 of them and I think that there's 16 different quads!.. At least that's what I saw on Revlon's Website..*wowwzaa right!*
 
500 Addictive

 
500 Addictive 











This was one of the Pallets that caught my eye first!.. the colors are Great for a person who is always on a hurry. and as you can see in the back they give you like a guide that you can use, but who really goes by that?..




Without Flash


With Flash












On the Top row Ive put UDPP as a primer and the Bottom once are just on my skin. My first impression on this quad is Wowzaa!. The Colors are GREAT! Very pigmented and Smooth!.. :)



515 Adventurous



515 Adventurous


This one is a range of Light Vanilla color and it also has what it seems to be a Olive color which by the way its Great very pigmented!. and the bottom two are in the Bronze/chocolate family and the last one is a Matt chocolate color..


Without Flash
 
With Flash





                                            





I also used the UDPP on the Top of the shadows and in the bottom no primer what so ever!.. and as you can see these colors are very Good!!..:)



520 Brazen
520 Brazen
This Pallet has a range of Bronze colors, The very first color is like a yellow gold color, and that color its awful extremely powdery when I swatched it and almost has no color pay off.. The other 3 colors are Not great either they don't have that much pay off and they don't feel that smooth.. I think this would be the pallet that I dislike the most..:/


Without flash

With Flash











With this Pallet I had to layer and layer to get what you see in the pictures..:( Its the sheerest from all of the ones I have.. the colors look amazing but you will need a base of some sort so the colors can be visible.. like the NYX jumbo in milk of something in that realm..

545 Attitude




545 Attitude











This Pallet had 4 beautiful shades and the Bottom ones a Very Pigmented when I swatched them.. the top ones I would have to say Not that much especially the taupe looking one.. the Pinkie one is a Nice color to use as a Highlight its not Matt, its like a velvety feel and soo smooth..


With Flash


Without Flash











As you can see these Color are Stunning!.. and Very pigmented as well.. Like the rest of the Swatches the top ones have UDPP underneath and the Bottom have no primer what so ever and they look Great!..



555 Moonlit

555 Moonlit











Now this is the last Pallet I got.. and I have to say that the Top Shadows are a complete Dissapoinmet when you swatch them they come out to chalky and they feel rough on the pan.. Now the light Brown is Not that opaque but the Dark chocolaty one has good pay off.. But I wouldn't buy the pallet just for that color!..:/



Without Flash




With Flash


 The First 3 colors on this Pallet I had to Layer them about 4 times the last one was like most of the other just twice.. and as you can see *Or at least I hope you can*;) the very first one looks very chacky even on the picture!..:(

FINAL THOUGH:
Well out of all the 5 pallets I have to say that I got 2 1/2 pallets!.. some of the colors Look GREAT on the pan but when you go and swatch them complete mess!!.. Out of the 5 I have the one that I LOVE the most has to be The Addictive Pallet it has GREAT pigmentation and the colors are Very SMOOTH!!.. Well I hope you have enjoy my mini first impression Rant!.. Let me know if you pick any of them up and how you feel about them..
Thank again and God Bless.. Lili



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for Reading Hun!.. and leaving a comment!.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I read this before I got my Brazen pallet so disappointed :( I guess I have to invest in a really good eye primer to get use of this... thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete